Valentine’s Day is either one of dread, or extreme anticipation. The usual ranges from having a dinner at a fancy restaurant, chocolates, roses, teddy bears, and lots of love. Red, pink and white hearts decorate the stores and sometimes even your school. Love is in the air, literally. But, it doesn’t have to be just about the couples on Valentine’s Day. It can be about us single people too. If you want to make your Valentine’s Day special, here are some tips from a human that is single and happy.
1. Spoil Yourself: Make the day of love a day to spoil yourself. Buy yourself chocolate, order your favorite take-out, eat ice cream, and watch some of your favorite movies. Just relax and be happy.
2. Celebrate Yourself: Celebrate the single happy person you are. Do something spontaneous with your single friends. Have a Singles Party where everyone can cheer and enjoy their singlehood. Including yourself.
3. Buy yourself a gift: That highlight kit, you’ve wanted, or those stiletto heels you’ve had your eyes on, go and buy them. The book you are just dying to read, now is the time to buy it. You will be so busy being excited for your new things that you won’t even notice all the insanity of Valentine’s Day. You have something to celebrate and look forward to as do l.
4. Re-evaluate your goals: Remind yourself why you are still single. Don’t fall under the pressure of society telling you how to live your life. If you’re not ready for a relationship, that’s your choice. Whether you’ve had a bad break up recently or two years ago or whether dating isn’t really your thing. Nowadays, it perfectly OK to be single. You don’t have to have a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy.
5. Help those in need: Another way to show your love is helping those in need. Maybe you can donate your old clothes to a homeless shelter. Volunteer at the SPCA, to share your love with the animals. And to get a few licks of love in return by our furry friends. Life is more worthwhile when you’re able to make a difference in someone else’s life just by simply being in their life.
6. Put together a playlist of your favorite songs: We all have those songs, that instantly improve our moods. Put together a playlist, and blast the music through your phone and dance around your room or your house. The choice is yours.
7. Craft Valentine’s Day cards for friends and family: Just because you’re single on this day, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t share the love to those who are in a relationship. Search the internet for some DIY easy-to-make Valentine’s Day cards, and give them to your friends and family.
There you have it my single human friends. Celebrate being single. They say being single is where you get to learn about yourself the most. So be happy being single. You’ll eventually find the love of your life, but in the meantime, be your own love of your life.
Happy Valentine’s Day <3